June 27, 2012

10 year old vacation day #2

Today was really fun!  I slept until about 8:45.  That was only because Grandpa woke me up.  After I got ready for the day we had some free breakfast at the hotel.  Boy did I have a feast!  I had, a big omelet, a bowl of cereal, a danish, 2 pieces of french toast, some sausage and some apple juice.  After my feast we went to target.  Why?  Because Grandpa dropped the camera yesterday!  We got a slick new red camera! It looked cool!  Then we went to the Raptor Center located at the University of Minnesota.   IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They showed us some animals that they rehabilitated. Sadly none of the raptors will be able to go back to the wild ever again.  They showed us 5 bald eagles, a turkey vulture, 2 immature bald eagles, a peregrine falcon, 2 american kestrels, a barred owl, a great gray owl, a merlin, and a northern harrier.  Then Grandma and Grandpa got me a stuffed turkey vulture!  I named him Nero the Birdbrain.  Nero because, the turkey vulture we saw was named Nero.  So then we went to this place called, Jimmy Johns which served sub's.  They had really good one's to!  After that we finally went to Fort Snelling!  My favorite parts of Fort Snelling were when the soldiers shot their guns and canon, and when we got to watch the black smith make a nail.  Then we went to Lilli Put again.  We played go-karts which I beat Grandpa and Grandma in.  I double lapped them!  Then we did bumper boats in which Grandma hit me into a fake cave that sprayed water on me.  And finally we did put put golf.  I got last place and Grandpa got first.  Then we went to eat dinner at Smash Burger!  Then we went back to the hotel and swam until about 10:30.  Then I went to sleep.