June 25, 2012

10 year old vacation

On June 25'th 2012 I get to go on my 10 year old vacation with Grandma and Grandpa.  So we woke up at home, ate breakfast, got our suitcases ready and headed out.  They told me a little bit about the plan for the day.  They told me the bare minimum but it was just enough to last me a day.  So we headed over to Fort Selling!  We got some great pictures!  On the way there we saw a Turkey Vulture, 7 Cedar Waxwings on one branch and a cardinal. While we were heading over to go to the inside a person told us that it was closed today.  Great what were we going to do?!  Well you just have to be flexible!  We decided to put Fort Snelling off for tomorrow and do a little bit of what we were going to do tomorrow, today.So with me having no idea of what the plan was I put my trust into them for getting me to wherever we were going safely. So we got to this place called Lilli Putt where they do go-cart racing, bumper boating and put put golf.  We did 2 laps around the go-cart track which I beat Grandpa in and went back to the car.  Then we ate lunch at a place called 50's Diner.  And yes, it was very 50's.  For the rest of the day I had some crazy music in my head!  I ordered a bacon and cheddar cheese burger.  It was really dry but let me tell you, the milkshake was AWESOME!  After lunch we went to check in to the hotel.  After un-loading the car we went swimming.  After drying off we went to the exercising room.  That was fun.  Then we hopped in the car again and sped off to target to get some snacks to eat.  After target we went to the target field by a taxi.  Grandpa kept on reminding Grandma not to drop the camera.  Guess what?  Grandpa dropped my camera!  Clumsy Grandpa!  After that we had some ball park hotdogs and cotton candy.  The Minnesota Twins beat the Chicago White Sox! 4-1.  The Twins are the worst ranking team and the White Sox were the best!  I guess my wished luck upon them worked! :)  Then we went home by the shuttle at 11:46 pm.And then.......  I wrote my blog!     END OF DAY 1!