June 29, 2015

New Me

Over the past year I have not been in that great physical condition - I wasn't fat, but had a lot of added fat everywhere.  The thing is, I didn't know it.  I was pretty unaware.  It was because of the Plantar- Fasciitis.  I was so sore all day everyday last summer, I didn't have the energy to do anything, and that included exercise.  So I was pretty out of shape.  Come basketball season, I made A- team, but just wasn't in good enough shape to do well in practices or games.  I had a couple of good games, but instead of usually starting every single game, I was on the bench a lot.  I was also eating a ton!  Like thirds every night and more dessert.  Come March, I started noticing all these things.  So I had the idea that I start a diet and get on an exercise routine.  So I started doing that every day.  I have lost over 20 pounds since March, I have gotten MUCH better at basketball since March, have run 1 or 2 and sometimes even 3 miles a day since March, and have been on a diet since March.  I have noticed a huge difference.   Instead of being embarrassed to take my shirt of at a pool or at practice like I was, now I am not because I have also been working out a lot and have gained a lot of muscle.  I am in better shape and condition.  But that isn't the only change.  I have also noticed a spiritual and mental change.  I have become happier, more in tune with God and reading the Bible a lot more and praying more.  Also, I have become mentally sharper.  The diet is probably the hardest part for me because sometimes I will see some ice - cream my family is having, and want some really really really really bad.  But then I think of last Summer and I decide not to have it.  I'm glad I had the idea for this change and God gave me the strength to do it all.