July 18, 2014

Un-Journaling 16

Instructions: Try your hand at telling something about a character through his words, and how he says them.  Imagine each of the character below and write out what each might say in turning down an offer to go on a fishing trip.

A teenaged boy turns down his grandpa.

A businessman eager for a promotion turns down his boss.

A wife just got back from her weekly trip to the spa for a styling and manicure turns down her husband.

"Hey grandson!  How 'ya been?  I was wondering if you wanted to go on a fishing trip with me this weekend?"  The kid replied, "No, I just got a new I-phone and I want to play around with it.  I also don't like fishing."  How rude.

"Hey Joe.  I know you were thinking about getting a promotion.  Well you might have the chance.  We have been friends for a while and so I was wondering if you wanted to go fishing this weekend."  "Why would I do that boss?  I have a lot of work to do and no time to go fishing.  Guess who made me have all the work?"  Rude as well.

"Barbra!  Get down here, I need to ask you something."  He waited until Barbra got down.  "My buddies and I want to go fishing and were wondering if you want to go too.  Will you?"  "No, I would like it with just the two of us but I got back from my manicure so I don't want to get all dirty.  I could make you guys some food though."