March 16, 2016

Missing State

So last week was our State Tournament, our last tournament of the year.  It is always fun, and each year has been better.  Until this year.  I wasn't able to play in it because I was sick.  And I didn't just have the cold - I could have played through that, but instead I had a really, really bad flu, which is weird for me because I barely ever get sick.  It was so bad that for about a week I just sat on the couch.  The good part was that I got to watch a lot of college basketball games that were on TV, and Mom did buy me a donut once.  Actually, I stopped being sick before the State Tournament even started.  I thought that I would be able to play.  But when I woke up the morning of the day of the State Tournament, I could not even walk.  At first, I just told myself that I was just sore, like always, and just had to walk it off.  But it just got worse as I walked more.  So when I somehow got downstairs to get breakfast, I knew that I wouldn't be able to play that day.  I mean, if a dude can barely walk downstairs to get the best meal of the day - BREAKFAST - then what can a dude do?  So I wasn't sick anymore right in time for State, but then I couldn't walk.  Just my luck.  And on top of it all, I got a rash all over my body.  Now, I am completely fine, but I still wish that I could have played in State.